Business opportunities in Africa
In the Promotion Year AECBF will be held in one location, with the support and co-organisation of the Hungarian Investment and Trade Agency (HITA).
Africa-Europe Challenge Business Forum (AECBF):
Location: Republic of South Africa – Durban
Expected date of the event: under negotiation
To CEOs and Managers,
If Your corporation is located in Europe or anywhere else in the world and takes interest in African markets, or your African-based corporation is looking for partners in other continents, the AECBF® provides great opportunity for finding and establishing these relationships.
The AECBF® is a special international program, focused on building economic relations. It connects to the cultural and sporting events of the Africa-Europe Challenge. The AEC Project will be stopping in 15 African countries in 2012 - 2013. These 7-10 day stopovers offer the opportunity to organise so-called “connecting” events, like the cultural programme series called the “African Cultural Renaissance Campaign” organised by the African Union (AU), or the children’s aid and educational programme called “Future Without Distance”.
The aim of the “Africa-Europe Challenge Business Forum”® (AECBF) is to offer the economic players of African countries and the European Union an opportunity to meet and do business, hence enhancing economic relations and opportunities for cooperation between the two continents.
- The programme called the Africa-Europe Challenge Business Forum promotes development objectives and comprises the following:
- At AEC stopovers, the host country organises events for local business players primarily intending to orient their business activities towards Europe, or build relations in this direction within AECBF;
- Sends preliminary information about these key players to AECBF (i.e. AEC) organisers;
- AECBF searches for potential partners in Europe on the grounds of this information;
- AECBF in turn also engages in the above: delivers European demands to each African country in which the economic administration endeavours to locate potential local partners;
- By collaborating with local African partners, AECBF organises the events and programmes of the Business Forum where potential business partners have the opportunity to meet;
As a part of the AEC programme, AECBF European participants have the opportunity to travel to specific venues within the framework of the “business tourism programme”. These programmes will be organised by AEC partner travel agencies.
Support for AECBF:
- The AU provides logistical support and facilitates the cooperation of the economic administration of host African countries in the organisation of AECBF events.
- Support from the EU Development Cabinet: Andris Piebalgs, EU Commissioner for Development, is an AEC patron.
- Support from the EU-ACP Parliamentary Assembly: Louis Michel, the EU co-president of the organisation is an AEC patron.
- Support from the Hungarian Government:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry for National Economy
- Diplomats accredited to Africa support and help prepare AECBF programmes.
- Support from the Hungarian Investment and Trade Agency
- Support from the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Support from EBCAM (European Business Council for Africa and the Mediterranean)
- Support from UEAPME (European Association of Craft, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises)
We can help you find Your potential partners if You fill out the registration form below. Should a company register in our system that may possibly fit Your needs, we will immediately inform You.
It is the goal of the AEC to find as many companies as possible who are willing to attend the AECBF in order to establish business relations with each other.