Local cultural events taking place at specific stations of the race:
The backbone of our cultural event series in the host African countries will be cooperation between the African Union Commission Campaign for the African Cultural Renaissance and AEC. Cultural festivals organized within the framework of the African Cultural Renaissance will be synchronized with the AEC’s route and time schedule.
- Thematic gatherings will be organised at the specific stations that will focus on cultural, scientific or other topics that are relevant in the given country.
- Each participating African country will present themselves. This is a great opportunity for the states to communicate a message through public channels to the European public and the world. They can present the beauties and appeals of their country and discuss problems that need to be resolved.
- Participants in every category (Race, Cruser, Open) will take part in the prize giving ceremony and the following dinner party. The day of the prize giving ceremony is at the same time a cultural day, when the participants can get acquainted with the given country's culture, music, dance and handicrafts;
- Race participants and their guests will also have the opportunity to take part in 1-2 days touristic programs of the given country's beautiful national parks (different safari tours, extreme water sports, whale and bird watching, snorkelling) before and/or after the race events.
- A great ceremony will close the event series where among other cultural programs we organise a great concert in Malta with the participation of musicians who support the African continent. Television companies will broadcast the concert as „Africa Concert” all over the world.